IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Every plate has the potential to create a memory that lasts a lifetime for our guests. To deliver all this and more, we’re looking for a Demi Chef with a passion for presentation, dedication to flavour and commitment to setting high standards from workspace to table and beyond.
A little taste of your day-to-day
You’ll have the ability to provide innovative, authentic and enriching culinary experiences to our guests. Every day is different, but you’ll mostly:
- You’ll be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with our portion and quality standards.
- Prepare production for daily usage.
- Adhere HACCP policies and procedures within the hotel & hotel brand standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene of your work stations and maintenance of equipment
- Communicate with team member of hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Establish and maintain effective employee working relationships.
- Communicate politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers.
- You will also be required to control food usage to minimize waste, maintain a clean, safe and tidy work environment and communicate well with other colleagues within the department.
What we need from you
InterContinental Fiji Golf resort & Spa seek a hospitality professional with International experience, who will enhance and develop our culinary offer to greater heights.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma/Vocational certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience in full-service restaurants/ local or international hotels in high volume kitchen.
- Commitment to work rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Great communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Outgoing and people oriented.
- Able to multi-tasks and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft word (optional).
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
How do I deliver this?
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 08 December, 2023.