THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University.
DEAN OF STUDENTS
Reporting to the Director of Students Services, the Dean of Students is responsible for ensuring and maintaining all Students’ social welfare and arranging enrichment of life for students while on campus.
- Direct the activities of Sub-Wardens for student residences.
- Ensure that student residences are not occupied by unauthorized persons.
- Ensure that all necessary maintenance and cleaning of students accommodation is speedily effected and facilities provided.
- Keep adequate current records of the location of students, the equipment, and facilities provided for students.
- Foster a harmonious and secure environment for students and staff by ensuring the requirements set down for student conduct are adhered to and undertaking the prosecution of any breaches in these requirements.
- Maintain the confidence of students in the arrangements for a secure environment by eliminating causes and conditions of indiscipline.
- Prepare reports on matters connected with students’ social affairs, conditions and conduct as required and is the Executive Officer to the Student Disciplinary Committee.
- Executive Officer of the University’s Students Disciplinary Committee. Keeping records of all disciplinary matters.
Qualification & Experience
The successful candidate should possess a degree in Social work or Psychology with 10 or more years’ relevant work experiences of which at least 3-5 years within a University setting. He/She should possess the initiative, ability and knowledge of student welfare and attitudes , aged between 35 & 45, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure, be flexible and have an adaptable approach to problems, trustworthy and responsible.
Assistant Registrar I/II K39,689 – K55,514 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance K1,800 – K4,300 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
A detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer should be sent to:
The Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Papua New Guinea
Applications must be compiled and sent as one PDF file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is 9th of June, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Related Jobs (10)
LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING on September 20, 2023 Full Time