South Sea Cruises is Fiji’s leading cruise operator offering a range of award-wining products throughout the Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands. South Sea Cruises is excited to be recruiting for our newest product – South Sea Sailing. This product being launched later this year will
operate aboard our newest vessel, the 78-foot sailing catamaran SABRE. Operating from Port Denarau, this vessel is the only one of its kind in the southern hemisphere and will cater for up to 80 passengers per day. SABRE will set a new standard in day trips, food, beverage and entertainment all whilst sailing within the Mamanuca Islands.
To deliver this world class experience, we are looking for Day Cruise Director who will deliver the day’s program whilst creating a fun, memorable, entertaining, and safe day on the water. This person should be outgoing, responsible, organized, have excellent communication skills and be passionate about delivering an experience like no other.
Key areas of responsibility and competency:
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work unsupervised in exceeding the responsibilities of the role.
• The ability to read and influence the customers behaviour throughout the day including providing the right level of entertainment and experience through activities, music and commentary.
• Excellent communication skills with a warm, welcoming, and professional persona
• Highly organised with an eye for detail in ensuring the food & beverage and on-board entertainment consistently meets the highest expectations in which SABRE has been built to deliver.
• Proficient in water sports, water safety, snorkelling and first aid (first aid not essential as can be trained once recruited).
Desired qualifications and/or experience:
• Relevant tourism and/or hospitality experience in similar roles with involving in delivering customer experiences.
• Proven ability to be organised and manage all daily requirements.
• Maritime short courses desirable but not essential.
• Contactable references and a police clearance required
Written applications with a detailed CV, copies of references and qualifications to be sent to: The General Manager Operations, South Sea Cruises Limited, PD052, Port Denarau, Nadi or email directly to: email@example.com no later than 5.00pm on Sunday 19th of September 2021. Please title all applications as: Day Cruise Director
Please note only shortlisted applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted and the position will initially be recruited part time, moving to permanent upon the successful applicant excelling in the position, and a returning to sustainable international visitor numbers beyond Fiji’s borders reopening.