Coordinator – Eye Health (Re-advertised)
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) is responsible for managing Fiji’s overall health system. It is committed to achieving universal health coverage (UHC) by providing quality health care necessary for good health. This includes eye health. In partnership with the Pacific Eye Institute, an initiative of the Fred Hollows Foundation New Zealand, MHMS is working on strengthening Fiji’s eye health system as part of its overall health system priority. In support of this, we have a job opportunity for Coordinator – Eye Health role.
The role, under minimum supervision, will be responsible for coordinating, engaging and maintaining contact with the Joint Management Team [JMT], all HOD in Ophthalmology and stakeholders providing eye care services or are involved in Eye Health in Fiji.
- Provide policy advice to the Joint Management Team and Head of Ophthalmology on Eye Health Systems Strengthening, Management and Administrative functions, policies and procedures
Work closely with JMT and act as a secretariat in establishing and maintaining a National Eye Steering Committee.
- Manage the interest and development of Vision and Eye Health through policy direction, strategic planning, coordination, and ensuring cohesion of the overall functions of eye care providers and institutions by working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop processes, maintain communication and implement plans and ensure compliance with Government policy, related polices and legislations
- Lead in internal health systems discussions on policy and eye health financing
Facilitate in all divisions appropriate plans, meetings, conferences and training programs
- A Post Graduate Diploma (or equivalent work experience) in Management & Public
Administration, Business Administration or another relevant field
- Have 8 years of working experience in Administration, Logistics Services and Systems support in a complex organization, with at least 3 years at Supervisory level
- High level knowledge of all aspects and functions of Office management and Administration
- Understanding of teams and how to build and maintain high performing teams
- Experience in developing operational plans and strategies
- Knowledge of process re-engineering
Role description can be obtained by emailing [email protected]
Salary Range: $34,708 – $40,429
To apply for this position, please submit your current CV, certified copy of transcripts/qualification with a cover letter and contact details of three current referees to:
The Country Manager
Pacific Eye Institute P.O Box I8641.
Or e-mail the application to [email protected]. Do not apply on the Pacific People portal.
Applications close on Monday 15th January 2024
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply