Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high-quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks, and Bakery products throughout the country. Well-known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Stockfeed, Flame Oil & Sugar, Flame Rice, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Arthurs Pies, and the Meadow Lea range.
At GFI, we care about making food better for everyone.
Our goal is to be the leading and most innovative food company with a mission to meet our customers’ needs for superior quality foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper, and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
We currently have an immediate vacancy for a Quality Control Technician to join our Operations Department (Quality Assurance) in Port Moresby. Reporting to the QA Supervisor, this role will monitor and validate compliance in our food manufacturing plants and warehouse based on GMP, HACCP, SQF, company, and regulatory trade standards across all GFI Sites.
- Manage Key Responsibilities and Competently Deliver the Department’s Strategy.
- Drive compliance across company’s approved HACCP Program, Company Policies, Regulatory Standards, and GMP policies
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Finance Dept. relating to product integrity checks storage and handling
- Complete disposal/rework process on raw materials and finished goods
- Understand that Reduction in Customer Complaint shows Improvement in Compliance to the HACCP Standard – analyze failing trends and contribute to continuous improvement
- Aid in Updating and Controlling Documents.
- Drive & maintain GFI’s certification to the HACCP Standard through Documentation and Compliance Monitoring of the QA Verification Schedules by validating existing processes.
- Assist QA Officer to gather process and product information used in continuous improvement mechanisms to improve processes and reduce waste
- Drive Supplier Corrective Actions/Internal Corrective Actions to process failures
- Diploma or Degree in Food Technology (Applied Sciences)
- Knowledge in Value Marketing or Process Improvements initiatives in a Food Industry
- Must have sound knowledge in finance/accounting
- Strong Analytical and Organization Skills are needed
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel
- Fundamental knowledge in inventory, warehousing, and costing is an advantage
- Experience in Statistical Analysis of Data
- Sound knowledge on Quality Management Systems (QMS) fundamentals
- HACCP Fundamental understanding & knowledge are essential
Be part of the Skel life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG. Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guine
P.O. Box 673, Port Moresby NCD PNG
E-mail: [email protected]
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and in only one attachment.
Applications close Monday 06th February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (1)
BLASTING SUPERVISOR on March 29, 2023 Full Time