REQUEST FOR TENDERS
|Subject:||Request for Tenders – Digital Systems Review & Procurement of Digital Technology Stack|
You are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal for the above consultancy as per the Terms of Reference set out in Annex I
To assist with your submission, please find enclosed:
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Consultant’s Letter to SPTO Confirming Interest and Availability for the Consultancy Services
Annex III: Technical Proposal Submission Form
Annex IV: Financial Proposal Submission Form
The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 100 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see www.southpacificislands.travel
SPTO has embarked on a digital transformation project funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NZMFAT). The project aims to accelerate the recovery of the tourism sector in the Pacific and build back a more resilient and sustainable sector using digital transformation.
The foundation of the programme is SPTO’s leadership in digital marketing. The organisation will need to drive the digital marketing transformation of the region. This leadership position will result in SPTO’s leading by example through regional digital marketing initiatives. SPTO’s leadership, by capabilities and example, will support an NTO digital transformation programme. When SPTO and NTOs have built these new capabilities, NTO digital marketing initiatives can feed into SPTO’s regional digital marketing efforts, creating a regional digital marketing ecosystem.
A major component of the Pacific Islands’ overall digital transformation is the provision of digital technology to National Tourism Organisations (NTOs). Digital technology is defined as software, desktop, and mobile applications that help fulfill central responsibilities in digital marketing or advertising, including email marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing and paid advertising, social media measurement, digital asset management, customer relationship management, content management, and web traffic monitoring.
As part of Outcome, 3.1 of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NZMFAT) digital transformation project, SPTO with outside expert advice will complete a detailed review of digital platforms (including image libraries), assessing them against the needs of SPTO and NTOs and make recommendations appropriate to SPTO and each cluster of NTOs (Constrained, Ambitious and Proficient). This will lead through to the procurement of a common ‘Technology Stack’ on a cost-share basis with NTOs. This means that most if not all NTOs can then be using the same core digital technology, reporting on the same metrics across the region. This digital technology will need to be tailored not only by a cluster of NTOs but on an NTO level to ensure that NTOs are retrieving technology that fits the identified gaps and needs.
- Click here to download the Digital Strategy
- Click here to download the Digital Marketing Strategy
- Click here to download the Digital Economy Tourism Initiative Report
SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to undertake a comprehensive Digital Systems Review and provide recommendations for the procurement of a Digital Technology Stack. The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 31st July 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
Please click here to view the Terms of Reference.
Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as the conditions below:
- Interested consultant(s) must be registered on SPTO Jobslink
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
Any clarification questions from applicants must be submitted by email to [email protected] before 2:00 pm on 28th November 2022 (Fiji Time). A summary of all questions received with an associated response will be posted on the SPTO website www.southpacificislands.travel by 5th December 2022.
SPTO will select the preferred consultant on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)|
|At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Information Systems, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Research & Statistics or a relevant field.
|Knowledge of business analytics and Digital Marketing tools|
|A strong background in Digital Technology, Digital Analytics, Social Media (including listening tools and analytics), Website Management, Web Analytics (or other), Online visibility and listening tools, Project Management software, Email marketing etc.|
|A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Digital Marketing, Digital Analysis, or Information Technology environment.|
|Demonstrated knowledge and 3 – 5 years of experience managing technology platforms. Experience in conducting gap analysis is essential.
|Description of Project Approach, Methodology, Surveying, Reporting and Sustainability Planning.|
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4:00 pm (Fiji Time) on 7th December 2022.
- Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: ‘TENDER NO. 22/009: Digital Systems Review & Procurement of Digital Technology Stack to: [email protected]
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all tenders and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Related Jobs (14)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant