REQUEST FOR TENDERS
|Date:||22nd November 2022|
|Subject:||Request for Tenders – Consultancy for Designing Self-Paced E-Learning Modules for Pacific Storytelling Specialist Programme.|
You are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal for the above consultancy as per the Terms of Reference set out in Annex I.
To assist with your submission, please find enclosed:
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Consultant’s Letter to SPTO Confirming Interest and Availability for the Consultancy Services
Annex III: Technical Proposal Submission Form
Annex IV: Financial Proposal Submission Form
The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 100 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see www.southpacificislands.travel
SPTO has embarked on a digital transformation project funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NZMFAT). The project aims to accelerate the recovery of the tourism sector in the Pacific and build back a more resilient and sustainable sector using digital transformation.
During Year 1 of Phase 2 of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NZMFAT) digital transformation project, SPTO completed a review of the Pacific Storytelling Specialist Programme (PSSP)). This program is the premier certification program for Travel Advisors that work or would like to work in the Pacific to complete to demonstrate their expertise and understanding of the region. This review process, completed in Year 1, included a review of existing program collateral, program goals, and the development of a new program delivery model, advertising, and metrics.
In Year 2, beginning in October 2022, as part of Output 2.5 of the MFAT Digital Transformation Project, the SPTO is seeking a Contractor/Agency to develop self-paced learning modules for the Pacific Storytelling Specialist Program (PSSP). This training will be housed in a Learning Management System (LMS) that SPTO is implementing, so that Travel Advisors participating in the Pacific Storytelling Specialist Programme (PSSP) can complete the learning modules in their own time, taking them that much closer to certification.
- Click here to download the Digital Strategy
- Click here to download the Digital Marketing Strategy
- Click here to download the Digital Economy Tourism Initiative Report
- SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to design self-paced e-learning modules for the Pacific Storytelling Specialist Programme.
- The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 31st July 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
- Please click here to view the Terms of Reference.
Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as the conditions below:
- Interested consultant(s) must be registered on SPTO Jobslink
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
Any clarification questions from applicants must be submitted by email to [email protected] before 4:00 pm on 28th November 2022 (Fiji Time). A summary of all questions received with an associated response will be posted on the SPTO website www.southpacificislands.travel by 5th December 2022.
SPTO will select the preferred consultant on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money, and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)|
|A Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in Marketing/Digital Marketing, Tourism Studies or equivalent.|
|Expert knowledge of the tourism industry and its segments, e.g. wedding, diving, fishing, adventure, culture etc. You are required to also provide details of similar projects that you have worked on.|
|Knowledge of ‘Specialist Programmes’. These programmes are designed to upskill global travel trade partners and equip them with the relevant support, knowledge and tools to promote destinations more effectively.
|Minimum of 5 years experience in the Tourism industry|
|Demonstrated knowledge and 5 – 10 years of experience in the tourism industry. You are required to provide a Portfolio/Evidence of Past Work.|
|Description of Project Approach, Methodology, and Work plan
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4:00 pm (Fiji Time) on 7th December 2022.
- Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: TENDER NO. 22/010: CONSULTANCY – Designing Self-Paced E-Learning Modules for Pacific Storytelling Specialist Programme to: [email protected]
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all tenders and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Related Jobs (4)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant