|Title||HR 15/2023 — Construction Supervisor|
|Faculty||Properties, Facilities and Project Department (PFPD)|
|Reports to||Project Manager or Director Properties & Projects|
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
To be qualified for this position, applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in construction, Project management, or engineering is preferable.
- Diploma in Construction or Carpentry with 5 years of experience
- 10-15 years of experience in building construction
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring teamwork to deliver quality work to strict deadlines is a primary responsibility for this position.
- The job also involves monitoring construction processes and providing training and team-building sessions when required.
- The candidate must ensure adherence to health and safety regulations at all times, perform equipment, material, and routine site inspections, and schedule regular meetings with vendors, site inspectors, managers, and staff.
- Other responsibilities include writing up reports, budgets, and project plans and presenting them to relevant stakeholders, working closely with architects and other professionals, and staying up-to-date with safety codes and advancements in construction.
- The candidate may also be responsible for assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff, processing paperwork, and traveling to multiple sites as required. Please see job description for more information.
Terms and Conditions
The role entails a three-year commitment under an employment contract, with remuneration and benefits aligned with the SINU Salary level for Officers in the Technical Support Services Stream. The contract is subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.
Detailed job descriptions, entry requirements, terms and conditions of employment, and application processes, can be obtained from the SINU website: https://www.sinu.edu.sb/hrd/job/ OR Human Resource Department email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th May 2023 at 4.30 pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to the HR Department at Kukum Campus addressed to:
Director of Human Resources Human Resources Department Solomon Islands National University P.O Box R113 Honiara