A vacancy now exists for the position of Community Liaison Specialist, within our People’s Department – Community Affairs Section. Reporting to Superintendent Community Engagement, the primary objectives of this role is to ensure daily function of the Community Affairs activities on and off site is given the highest priority, maintain good relationship with the key stakeholders including Land Owner Communities, Communities between Bulolo Highway down to Markham Bridge and Government at all levels. Further support of Sustainable Development programs, Lands and Compensation, Local Business Development, Community Liaison and overall Community Affairs Programs.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Represent the Department and Company in liaising with landowners, the community and third parties in a consistent, professional and structured manner, whilst ensuring adherence to company Policies and
- Liaise with Government bodies to ensure the efficient operation of the MoA and effective liaison with relevant Government
- Provide a high level of support to ensure ongoing support of the community for all aspects of the
- Assist the Superintendent on an ongoing basis in relation to reducing the Company’s exposure to malpractice in relation to the Landowner Association’s distribution of fees and
- Assist in the development of Policy and Strategy for community liaison, sustainable development and lands and compensation and overall Community Affairs programs.
- Assist on an ongoing basis in provision of advice to Business Unit Managers on matters related to employment and training opportunities for Landowners in line with the
- Assist in administering approved agreements with the Landowners Association and attend to any concerns, amendments and issues relating to
- Organise and carry out planned community patrols under CA and jointly with Government and Other key stakeholders.
- Maintain liaison with District and Provincial Administration and Local-level Government
- Organize monthly meetings with Village Liaison Officers (VLOs) in each mine village and provide meeting minutes to CA
- Responsible for production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the Community Engagement Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Degree in Communication for Development and Lands Management
- Certificate in Conflict Management
- Experience in communicating with people from all cross-sections. Approx. 5 to 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- An understanding of the PNG Government public policies; labour laws, environment act and regulations, LLG and Provincial Governments Acts
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Broad understanding of Mining related issues
- Effective communication skills both written and oral in English and Tok Pisin.
- High level of computer skills in Microsoft Office Software – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong focus toward safety
- High level of report writing skills recommended.
- Must have class 6 driving licence
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Friday, 06th January 2023
Related Jobs (64)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time
IRI Gap Analysis Request for Proposal (RFP) – Melanesia on February 1, 2023 Consultant