Kokomo Private Island Fiji is seeking an experienced qualified Commis Chef, Demi Chef & Chef de Partie based at Kokomo Private Island, Kadavu.
- Proven experience, multi outlet experience an advantage.
- Related certificates Commercial Cookery from recognised institute.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities quality control and monitoring cuisine standards at all times.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Asian cuisines preferred.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
- Stock rotation and ordering.
- Relative a la carte and large event experience.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Commis Chef, Demi Chef and Chef De Partie include, but are not limited to:
- Have an active involvement in food production and service, Restaurant Service or functions, always ensuring awareness of food costs and wastage.
- Control and direct the food presentation process and any other relative activities of our main restaurant, production kitchen and satellite kitchens.
- Inspection “polishing” & approve all dishes before leaving the kitchens
- Maintain and drive our food products preparation ensuring our cuisine is of a consistent five-star quality.
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef, Demi Chef and Chef de Partie, in a 5-star quality operation.
- Passionate about consistently preparing, cooking quality creative cuisine daily.
- This is a hands-on role, not a desk job! You will need to be prepared to get amongst our remote private island lifestyle, be willing to collect fresh eggs from our free-range chicken farm, selecting and pick fresh grown herbs and vegetables with our head gardener.
Send your detailed CV, a cover letter and recent PP size photo
Via email to
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Applications will close on Monday 18th July, 2022.