What is the job?
We’re looking for Commis Chefs to join our young motivated & enthusiastic Kitchen team and to produce all food items relevant to the his/her section to the highest possible quality and presentation standards.
Your Day to Day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Making every single meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the tastebuds.
- Being cleaner than clean to meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws.
- Helping with washing up and other kitchen duties where needed.
- Taking on other ad-hoc duties like a true team player.
- Taking ownership for your workstation – keeping on top of supplies, equipment and waste.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations and provide a – high level of service excellence to our Resort guests. The ideal candidate will have;
- Certification in cookery/ experience preferably in a hotel of similar size, including supervisory level, be comfortable when handling food objects, products and utensils, physically mobile and able to carry/lift heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in the similar role, preferably in a 5 Star International hotel brand.
- The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling.
- A good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths.
- Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to be above the minimum age required. The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
- The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts.
How do I deliver this
There’s so more to the job than we can capture here. Its simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 27th February, 2023.