IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Holiday Inn Suva is just steps from the city’s key sights, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. All our bright, modern guest rooms have high-speed internet and a balcony. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre. Our Sirocco restaurant is a laid-back setting for relaxed dining, while waterfront Bati ni Wai serves pizza al fresco. Enjoy an icy-cold beverages with a big-screen sports channel in Tapa Lounge Bar or listen to live music and enjoy Suva’s sunsets from the pool deck.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and as importantly the food. As Commis Chef, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavor will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspaces, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guest’s most lasting memories. We’re looking for a Commis Chef who is creative & energetic to join our culinary team on a full time basis, as a Commis Chef you will be primarily responsible for:
- You will work across several different areas of the kitchen including A la carte, buffet, cold larder, mis-en-place and banquets.
- This role is required to complete HACCP reporting, therefore the successful candidate must be prepared to develop and increase their knowledge in this field.
- Give guest a better experience by helping with any queries or advice.
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment.
- The successful candidate will be energetic and passionate about food and will be meticulous in producing high quality dishes that delight our guests and sees them return for more.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider or interested in commencing Apprenticeship
- Passion for creating culinary delights and cooking
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills along with strong attention to detail
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to self-motivation and developing your culinary skills
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (8)
Payroll & Accounts Receivable Officer AND Welcome Host on December 1, 2022 Full Time
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant