IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific. This role will be part of our Cluster Reservations team based at Grand Pacific Hotel in Suva. The cluster consists of three properties across two different brands. This includes the award-winning InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, the iconic Grand Pacific Hotel which is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva” and the vibrant and beloved Holiday Inn Suva.
Your day to day
Your key role is to supervise the operations of the Reservations Department during shift by assisting to co-ordinate operational plans to meet Hotel sales targets. You will assist with enquiries and bookings, liaising with key departments, establishing strong relationships with our clients and displaying exceptional phone and customer service skills.
You will promote the desired work culture around Our Winning Ways behaviours, these are: Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together. This is how we act and behave with our guests and each other within InterContinental Hotels Group.
You’ll liaise directly with our guests via phone and email following specific reservations brand standard guidelines. Efficiency, accuracy and personalised interactions are key to success in this role.
Daily you will;
- Assist guests with reservation enquiries and think outside the box to make their stay memorable, while identifying opportunities to maximise their experience
- Support the Cluster Reservations Manager to manage the daily operations of the Reservations team for the three properties.
- To optimize hotel occupancy and average rate.
- To handle guest complaints in a timely manner and that all complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Understand & Manage wholesale allotments and sales in line with business and agent demands.
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures etc.
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of findings.
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions.
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high potentials.
- Prepare rosters in line with productivity standards and manage overtime.
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Monitor and follow up with relevant source/department on accommodation adjustments/rebates to ensure accountability and continual training is conducted, if deemed necessary.
- Ensure new colleagues are provided with the opportunities and information to participate in health and wellbeing initiatives
- Be a brand ambassador, positively representing our IHG brands.
What we need from you
Ideally, have previous experience as Reservations Supervisor role with at least two years’ experience in a Front Office Team. You are looking for the next challenge in your career.
You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm to work within a team, experience in delivering a high level of guest experience in a hotel environment and conflict resolution.
Knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera would also be desirable.
Flexibility in terms of working shifts, weekends and public holidays.
What we offer
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development, skills training, and optional courses.
- Our benefit program offers paid birthday leave, community service leave, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & food & beverage discounts
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don’t quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you’d be a great fit for the job? We’ll never know unless you hit the ‘Apply’ button. Start your journey with us today and let’s #GoFurtherTogether.
Related Jobs (14)
Online Travel Consultants on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Spa Therapist on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Pastry Chef de Partie on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chief Steward on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chefs New Opportunity Overseas on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Head Mixologist on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chef-de-Partie on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time