IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Our properties are successful and well-known in Fiji and the Pacific. This role will be part of our Cluster Reservations team based at the Grand Pacific Hotel in Suva. The cluster consists of three properties across two different brands. This includes the award-winning InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, the iconic Grand Pacific Hotel which is on a historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva” and the vibrant and beloved Holiday Inn Suva.
A key role in our Reservations Team is to focus on ensuring our guests begin their experience on a high note, even before they arrive at our properties.
You’ll liaise directly with our guests via phone and email following specific reservation brand standard guidelines. Efficiency, accuracy, and personalized interactions are key to success in this role.
Daily you will;
- Assist guests with reservation enquiries and think outside the box to make their stay memorable, while identifying opportunities to maximize their experience
- Assisting guests using your exceptional knowledge of local areas, you’ll provide guests with options to have a unique experience whilst staying at our properties
- You’ll know how to tailor their stay and bring the brand promise to Life.
- Be responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest reservations, changes and cancellations.
- Process all reservations prior to guest arrival and work collaboratively with our Front Office team to ensure our guests have a seamless arrival experience and all requests are actioned.
- Manage a range of customers such as leisure, groups, corporate clients and travel agents.
- Be a brand ambassador, positively representing our IHG brands.
- What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience as a Guest Service Agent or Reservations Agent and at least one years’ experience in a Front Office Team. You are looking for the next challenge in your career.
You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm to work within a team, experience in delivering a high level of guest experience in a hotel environment and conflict resolution.
Knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera would also be desirable.
Flexibility in terms of working shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
What we offer
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development, skills training, and optional courses.
- Our benefit program offers paid birthday leave, community service leave, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & food & beverage discounts.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don’t quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you’d be a great fit for the job? We’ll never know unless you hit the ‘Apply’ button. Start your journey with us today and let’s #GoFurtherTogether.