Cluster Marketing Communications Manager – Job Number: HOT09FBB
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Cluster Marketing Communication Manager will be responsible to develop, and manage the implementation of the annual marketing and communications strategies for Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa and DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Fiji
The Cluster Marketing Communication Manager needs to focus specifically on:
- tactical marketing activity to generate short term revenue
- strategic marketing activity to profitably position the hotels for the long term
- increase profile, share of voice and reputation value among targeted consumer and trade media
Planning & Organising
- To lead in setting of the Hotel’s marketing plan, and be responsible for the execution of all marketing activities necessary to deliver this plan. Including development of complimentary Positioning Statements and swot analysis.
- To attend the hotels business and commercial focus meetings as well as the weekly revenue rooms.
- To work with hotel management teams to identify and secure financial resources needed to achieve the marketing results required.
- To work closely with the wider Hilton marketing organisation.
- Management of the Hotel’s marketing budget.
- Produce and execute a proactive, integrated communication strategy each year that supports the entire hotel.
- Work in conjunction with the PR agency to assist in the implementation and delivery of the PR and Communications Plan.
- Work cohesively with the PR agency to actively develop a profile in the hospitality and broader Marketing community in Fiji to been seen as a key Marketing/Communications identity.
- Champion brand values and ensure the Hotel adheres to brand and product standards and positioning, identity and guidelines in all communication (visual, print and electronic).
- Carry out regular brand checks and audits, and implement marketing communications approvals process.
- Support in rolling out corporate and regional products and services.
- Attending weekly revenue rooms to maximize revenue potential across the Hotel’s outlets, health club and meeting facilities.
- Maintenance of the Hotel’s various websites and (external) platforms, including but not limited to brand.com, OTAs and GDS.
- Maintaining style guides for the Hotel and all outlets.
Supplier Selection and Management
- Ensure the Hotel compliances in using regional accredited suppliers
- Liaison with Regional Marketing to ensure all accredited agencies receive latest corporate marketing guidelines
- Be solely responsible for marketing content on all brand websites, OTAs and GDS (Copy, Images, Promotions) to ensure effectiveness for the relevant target audience and source market.
- Create and manage the Hilton websites i.e. ensure that the homepage is relevant and enticing and that there is a broad spectrum of offer, not only from the source market.
- Co-ordinate Regional Marketing to drive usage and strong marketing promotions on the site.
- Manage the Site to ensure Quality Audits are regularly run and reported on.
- Approve media planning schedule for site.
- Regularly review and update offers/promotion for maximum ease of use and customer journey.
- Be solely responsible for marketing content on third party websites such as Wotif, Expedia and Booking.com.
- Analyse on-line marketing reports and recommendations to the Hotel.
- To work with Area and Regional eCommerce team to ensure effective natural search and sponsored search marketing.
- Co-ordinate the Hotel’s email marketing campaigns.
- To keep up to date with any e-commerce developments that may benefit the Hotel.
- To monitor any e-commerce activities of competitor hotels.
- Coordination and brand alignment of all the Hotel’s sales collateral.
- To sign off any sales presentations used for client presentations.
- To ensure the Hotel evaluates and participates in any regional, area and global promotions.
- Identify and address the Hotel’s need periods through a variety of channels such as:
Hilton Premium Club
Other Hilton Channels
- To ensure all tactical promotions are in – line with hotel positioning.
- Design and placement of advertising that is compliant with the Brand Identity Guidelines (through the use of approved media buying and creative agencies).
- Maintenance of advertising records.
- Measuring the return on investment.
- Produces the marketing plan and budget as it relates to all marketing activities, including Rooms, Conference & Events and outlets.
- Produces the monthly marketing and communications update.
- Liaises with the Commercial Director regarding rates, promotional material and marketing promotions.
- Provides customer surveys, analyses and reports findings.
- Collates market intelligence.
- Reviews daily the arrival lists to identify VIP’s and travel media and providing support and or identify PR opportunities when required.
Sponsorship and Partnerships
- Identification of companies that will fit the Hilton brand and represent a strategic partnership / sponsorship opportunity for the Hotel.
- Ensure all Hotel photography is up to date.
- Ensure budget is allocated for photography for any renovations or refurbished product.
- Maintaining quality of the Hotel’s existing image library through Hilton’s Creative Library.
- Attends communication and business focus meetings as requested by the Commercial Director.
- Assists with planning for Team Member special events.
- Assist with monthly Team Member News Letters and team celebrations where appropriate.
- Contribute creative promotional ideas for outlets and catering sales.
- Participate in the preparation of sales collateral, including newsletters, flyers and tent cards.
- Is flexible in relation to working hours (including weekends) and is available to work as required.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years work experience in the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations department of international brand hotels
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Marketing or Communications
- Experience in travel and tourism, preferably in the hospitality industry and strong commercial acumen
- Sound experience in managing and implementing PR programmes across different local/international market
- Proficient in Marketing communication: tools, channels and mass media including internet
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Word etc. and a strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and creative written skills
- Displays the core values, as defined in Hilton’s Brand (i.e. professional, approachable, innovative, confident and contemporary)
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills with ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates can apply for the vacancy using the following link: