IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific. This role will be part of our Cluster Human Resources team based at Grand Pacific Hotel in Suva. The cluster consists of two properties across two different brands. This includes the iconic Grand Pacific Hotel which is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva” and the vibrant and beloved Holiday Inn Suva.
Your day to day
Develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs/applications, curricula and corresponding materials and programs for all levels of hotel colleagues including line staff, supervisors and managers. Consult with key department contacts to identify performance gaps and training issues which impact individual and group performance.
- Interpret and train colleagues on human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Support the management on talent development strategies
- Orient new employees and train existing employees.
- Manage IHG MyLearning training program and ensure all colleagues maintain activity on MyLearning.
- Manage training programs within established budgets.
- Facilitate and ensure compliance of hotel training programs including but not limited to Employee Orientation, Equal Opportunity/Anti-Harassment training, safety related training, career development training, guest service training and employee morale programs.
- Ensure that all course curriculum and educational materials are current and of acceptable quality and delivered on time.
- Manage the development and/or provision of curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials (includes lesson plans, participant materials, job aids, user manuals, etc.) relative to training.
- Implement and manage a training schedule/calendar.
- Manage the training levy and external training/ HR audit requirements
- Ensure processes in place to anticipate and deliver the quality and quantity of training required to deliver the strategic business
- Model and ensure a working environment that reflects the Resort values and promotes a strong work ethic.
- Support the implementation of HR Initiatives to enhance overall organization effectiveness and individual performance
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources and Employment Relations
- At least 3 years of experience in similar role. Hospitality training delivery experience is highly preferred.
- Dealing with FNU Grants and Levy requirements
3. Knowledge and skills
- Registered Training Officer with National Training & Productivity Centre – Fiji National University
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are utilized frequently
- Problem solving and reasoning abilities are used often.
- Must be able to devise, prepare and maintain spreadsheets using various software systems.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holiday
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with colleagues and managers.
- Proficiency in MS programs especially with MS PPT, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS
- Ability to analyze data, organize it, and present it in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution in a calm and objective manner.
- Fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- Ability to speak and understand itaukei and hindi will be highly advantageous
5. Preferred (if required)
- Attention to detail to find the smallest of errors and correct them before they become serious problems
- Understanding of labor laws and corrective procedures
What we offer
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development, skills training, and optional courses.
- Our benefit program offers paid birthday leave, community service leave, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & food & beverage discounts
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don’t quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you’d be a great fit for the job? We’ll never know unless you hit the ‘Apply’ button. Start your journey with us today and let’s #GoFurtherTogether.
Related Jobs (3)
Retail Processing Consultant on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Assistant HR Officer on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Human Resources & Payroll Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time