IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Director of Safety & Security with IHG?
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific. The cluster we are referring here consists of two Hotels across two different brands. These include the Grand Pacific Hotel which is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva” and the vibrant and beloved Holiday Inn Suva.
As a Cluster Director of Safety & Security, you will become part of an exceptional team that will lead and provide required safety & security guidance to the two properties. The safety and security of our guest and colleagues is always at the heart of our decision-making process.
Your day to day
The Cluster Director of Safety and Security is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all related functions our hotels by helping to develop, establish and enforce safety and security policies, surveillance & access control procedures, support risk management efforts, fire, occupational health & safety, emergency management and asset protection. The Director shall also be responsive as a liaison for industry, local compliance, and law enforcement matters.
Reporting directly to property General Manager(s), you will be accountable for the legislative compliance, including all provisions of Health & Safety in Employment Act and provide a safe and secure environment for our guests and colleagues.
Your role as Cluster Director Safety & Security is about daring to connect with our colleagues, guests and stakeholder so that our ways of working are uniquely on brand whilst also demonstrating our service behaviors of True Hospitality. You’ll focus on ensuring our team deliver authentic, memorable experiences for our guests while supporting and developing the team to drive results.
So, what does the day-to-day look like?
Your day to day will be spent working alongside all departments heads teams to ensure that they operate in compliance with safety and security also coordinate department logistics, overall supporting delivery conversations aligned to driving accountability to hotel goals and metrics.
Maintain a high-performance standard among both heart of house and guest contact employees to ensure they are knowledgeable, meticulous, perceptive and curious all times.
You will lead from the front demonstrating that assuring authentic service standards builds trust, whilst continuing to deliver productivity and other key efficiencies such as safety compliance, supplies and manning costs, and inventory management.
- Develop and provide safety & security education, awareness, and training, conduct security briefings
- Encourage all staff to be security conscious, attend department briefings and meetings and communicating as required.
- Be an active member of the Occupational Safety & Health Committee with responsibility for maintaining a proactive OHS Committee.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and Guests to anticipate their needs.
- Ensure all surveillance areas are properly monitored and controlled.
- Fully investigate (Pursuing prosecution where appropriate) and report on any occurrences, incidents or situations associated with the safety, security and well- being of the hotel’s colleagues and guests.
- Be fully conversant with the Hotel Fire, Emergency and Security procedures.
- Immediately report any health, safety, or security hazards to either department Manager/Supervisor or Health & Safety Committee representative and follow through on remedial action.
- Ensure to update and maintain an efficient and compliant standard operating procedure.
- Adhere to Hotel brand Safety standards and comply with risk management and incident response and reporting procedures.
- Lead all mandatory compliance inspections and brand safety audits.
- Manage safety & security budget and negotiate appropriate vender contracts for security programs. Evaluate site requests for security support and or supplies.
- Develop Emergency Management Plans and programs to promote preparedness and business continuity.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced diploma or degree in risk management, law enforcement or security management required and/or minimum 3 years (combined) of relevant experience in risk management, law enforcement or safety & security management setting required.
- Experience in initiating and leading the collaboration, facilitation and coordination of all individuals and resources involved in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Experience in evaluating emergency crisis situations and demonstrating leadership in interactions with employees, customers, contractors, public officials, other government agencies and the public, especially during critical emergency incidents.
- Experience developing, writing, and applying principles and practices of emergency management/preparedness plans including mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, and reunification.
- Ability to build trust and positive working relationships with diverse groups including customers, law enforcement, industry stakeholders, emergency management, first responders, legislative/policy makers, and community members.
- Ability to work closely with other key positions including the General Managers, Executive Leadership and Emergency response and crisis management teams
- Knowledge of local and regional laws, regulations and policies guiding Accommodation, Restaurants, Travel & Tourism safety and security; deep understanding of risk management systems and local resources required.
- Developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, team members and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotels, the brands and IHG.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with warm & approachable communication style; a team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (4)
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant