The Cluster Commercial Manager, together with the Cluster Commercial Director will hold total responsibility for all business development activities for Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa and DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Fiji. This position will assist The Cluster Commercial Director in overseeing and directing all aspects of the sales and revenue management, working closely with marketing and public relations, and will be responsible for strategies and activities aimed at obtaining the highest possible RevPar and yield for the hotel along with maximising total resort revenues.
This position will be the key business partner to the Cluster Commercial Director for all revenue decision making and require exceptional stakeholder management.
Hotel Strategy & Management
- Fully contribute to and drive the design of the hotel business strategy.
- Actively participate in the key management issues of the property (e.g. refurbishment, relaunch, training, customer service improvement campaigns).
- Actively support the hotel by providing advice, support and training in upselling and cross selling skills to Front Desk, Spa and F&B team members.
- Actively promote the generation of restaurant revenues with marketing and promotions.
- Fully support, and take responsibility for, revenue driving initiatives in food & beverage, Spa and other operating departments.
- Champion the Rooms and F&B upselling initiatives including RevMax and NOR1
- Monitor the performance of HRCC and ensure regular product updates are provided
- Is responsible for analysing competitors’ activities and pricing strategy. Analysis of fair market share with 5 major competitors on a monthly and YTD basis.
- Rooms – Analyse trends of business by market segment, channel and GOB – co-ordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate.
- Responsible through the Revenue Manager to maximise occupancy and average rate through good inventory and yield management control.
- Analyse performance of existing customers and provide recommendations to the Commercial Director
- Monitors production and profitability of sales packages.
- Conference & Catering – Responsible through Events Sales Manager to establish strategy and procedure for:
– Inquiry handling
– Space control
– Response rates
– Occupancy statistics for all conference/banquet rooms
– Inquiry conversion statistics and improvement when needed
– Creation of Events to fill need periods
– Reviews Menu pricing in all of F&B.
– Revenue displacement
- Maintenance of Systems & Procedures – Maximise the use of systems and maintain accuracy of all reservations and other data.
- Ensure that all the rates are loaded by accurate completion of the database.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of uses/applications of all sales and revenue management systems, including, but not limited to Delphi.
- Undertake all reviews of standards & procedures as necessary.
- Work with Cluster Commercial Director to develop key account management which increases Hilton’s market power and closer matches the way customers choose to buy for LNR, IBT, Leisure and MICE.
- Develop the right Account Plans to repurpose teams to ensure that sales resources are mobilised to drive market share from Key Accounts with the highest potential, working with the cluster team.
- Ensure that Key Local Accounts active in the hotel are managed by the dedicated hotel sales manager.
- Ensure that measurement systems are in place to track the production of all targeted accounts.
- On an annual basis identify the key retention and acquisition accounts for each sales person – cluster and hotel level in conjunction with the Cluster DOS for Fiji.
- Meet agreed targets on room nights/C&E Revenue.
- Work with Cluster Commercial Director in setting targets and monitoring SIP’s & GME incentives
Food & Beverage and Spa
- Work with the Cluster Commercial Director, Director of Operations, Director of Food and Beverage and Wellness Manager in developing key selling strategies for the food & beverage and Spa department
- Continuously work towards improving forecast accuracy process for food & beverage, conference & events and Spa.
- Work with Director of Food and Beverage in analysing the food & beverage performance by outlet and presenting recommendations to the Cluster Commercial Director, Cluster General Manager and Director of Operations on areas of opportunities
- Work with Wellness Manager in analysing spa performance and presenting recommendations to the Cluster Commercial Director, Cluster General Manager and Director of Operations on areas of opportunities
- Actively drive and food & beverage and RevMax program with Director of Food and Beverage and Wellness Manager
Marketing & Public Relations
- Support marketing lead on property to activate, distribute and publicise the hotel on all relevant channels
- Measure the success of marketing spend across all channels
- Work closely with marketing to use forecast information to plan campaigns for forward months
- Daily credit check and follow-up.
- Supervise daily billings and filing.
- Monitor daily credit card transmissions, reconciliation, chargeback’s and retrieval handling. Sign off daily on all credit card credits processed.
- Review A/R ageing daily and ensure timely collection calls, and account follow up to maintain ageing within acceptable limits.
- Enforces credit policy daily and ensure all sales and convention team fully trained.
- Reviews all upcoming event groups to ensure proper credit established.
- Makes collection calls, receives and applies payments for Group/Events accounts.
- Reviews Group/Event/A/R ageing monthly with Finance and prepares follow up.
Budget & Fiscal
- Produces the annual Revenue Plan, S&M budgets and forecasts in conjunction with Hotel Team.
- Monthly review of expenses and if needed, adjusted for the Commercial Department.
THE PERSON – QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Tertiary qualifications in Tourism or Hotel Management
• Minimum of 3 year’s hospitality/travel industry experience in a revenue generating or commercial services role
• Strong commercial acumen, analysing and forecasting results/market segments and rates
• Competent at Excel, PowerPoint & Word
• Strong leadership experience
• Competitive and motivated
• Commercial attitude and proactive sales approach
• A demonstrated ability to conduct detailed analytics of revenue, identify trends and propose strategies to address any concerns
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Apply online on http://bit.ly/3GIdRX9
Related Jobs (18)
Carpenters Motors – Credit Officer (Suva) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Night Auditor on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Procurement Partner on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Treasury Analyst- E-Commerce on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Treasury Assistant on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Finance Systems Analyst on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Treasury Analyst- Financial Model on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Procurement Specialist on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Support Officer – E-Commerce & M-PAiSA on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Junior Financial Accountant on June 6, 2023 Full Time