- Salary Range: *$12,081.69-$15,489.35 Salary Band C
*Additional performance payments may be available for our highest performers, in
accordance with the Public Service Commission guidelines.
- Contract Term: 3 years
- Duty Station: SUVA
- Reporting Responsibilities:
a) Reports To: Manager HR
b) Liaises With: Internal and External stakeholders
c) Subordinates: Nil
The position supports the functions of all Division by performing clerical responsibilities
across all administrative or financial areas in accordance with government rules and
The position will achieve its purpose through the following;
- Prepare, process and register all documentation on a daily basis
- Attend to counter and customer service enquiries
- Prepare, compile and submit all relevant reports
- Maintain relevant databases and registers ensuring daily data entry and filing
- Actively contribute to Ministry requirements, including planning, budgeting and
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators;
- All agreed activities and functions are achieved within the agreed timeframes and meet
the standard operating procedures.
- Timely and accurate delivery of services that support customer requests and
requirements, compliant with standard operating procedures.
- All report information and papers are compiled accurately and within the agreed
- All relevant databases are efficiently maintained with accurate data entry and updated
within the agreed timeframes.
In addition to a Diploma (or equivalent work experience) in Public Admin, Economics or
another relevant field, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to
successfully undertake this role:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one  year experience in an administrative environment
- Understanding of applying administrative or financial practices and processes
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize activities, projects and work cooperatively
within a team environment
- Sound communication, interpersonal and representational skills
- Ability to follow guidelines and appropriately apply processes
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support daily operations
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational and
corporate environment of the organisations.
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND ELIGIBILITY
Applicants for employment within the Fiji Civil Service must be Fijian Citizens, under the age
of 60, in sound health with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to
provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior as a condition of employment.
The Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are
encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants. All applicants must address the specific
knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job, as this criteria will be
considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
Apply online on https://immigration.gov.fj/clerical-officer-hr-suva/
Related Jobs (10)
MCS Analysts (2 Positions) – (Based in Honiara, Solomon islands!) on February 20, 2024 Full Time