The position will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the hygiene standards of designated areas of the University, which includes the daily cleaning of designated areas, including cleaning of toilets, pathways, offices, and other general cleaning as required. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all designated facilities are clean and in proper hygiene standards at all times, as these are frequently utilized by the staff and students, and by visitors of the University. In addition, the position is responsible for reporting and alerting relevant stakeholders of any hazards or risks around the areas they work in. This is an essential position, as the incumbent will assist the Campus Life Cleaners team in their growing need to maintain the cleanliness standards of various offices and facilities in the University.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Knowledge or training equivalent to the duties to be performed;
- Completion of Year 12 secondary school studies without work experience;
- Certificate in cleaning/housekeeping OR equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation;
- 2 years’ experience in cleaning, preferably in a tertiary institution or large organization;
- Has to be physically fit and in good health;
- General knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of cleaning;
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment and products;
- Skilled in using a variety of cleaning tools and equipment; and
- Ability to speak and understand Basic English.
Enquiries and further information: Mr Rajiv Prasad, Campus Life Coordinator, Ph: 3231091, Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement
- FJ$11,038 to FJ$13,932 per annum
The closing date for applications is : 08 January 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
Related Jobs (52)
Supply Chain Officer- CJ Patel(Pacific) Pte Limited on February 7, 2023 Full Time
COMMUNICATIONS, ALUMNI AND EVENTS OFFICER (RE-ADVERTISE) – Port Vila on February 7, 2023 Full Time