Your day to day
As a Chief Steward, you’ll report to Executive Chef. You will provide support, lead and direct Stewarding team by supervising day-to-day operation and be responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas.
- Control storeroom orders and issue all china, silver and glassware.
- Ensure all food and beverage outlets have sufficient equipment to perform adequately.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health & safety, HACCAP or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Implement all food safety policies and procedures as per direction of the Executive chef
- Develop interpersonal skills within the team to promote versatility within the department.
- Oversees the preparation, cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment for use
- Maintains a hygienic kitchen as per food safety program and clean as per HACCAP guidelines
- Manages all functions of the Stewarding operation to achieve the optimum departmental costs
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships
- Assists the Manager Food & Beverage and the Executive Chef in settings Stewarding goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
- Determines the minimum and maximum stocks and controls the par-stocks of all material and equipment
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel show and site visits
What we need from you
- Demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
- Certificate in HACCP and Food Safety
- 2 years relevant experience including at least 1 year in supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Medical Insurance & Term Life Cover
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (20)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time