Tourism Fiji is looking for a Fiji-based Chief Marketing Officer to drive the execution of its strategic marketing plan and ensure the world knows that Fiji is the place ‘where happiness comes naturally’.
As a key member of the Executive leadership team, the Chief Marketing Officer will oversee all aspects of Tourism Fiji’s branding, digital marketing and web presence, brand media, corporate communications and data & analytics. Being a senior leader, the CMO will develop and grow your team, and be passionate about Fiji and the Fijian culture.
Reporting to the CEO, the key responsibilities of the role include :
- Drive high value visitor arrivals, with increasing tourism spend, by leading a high performance team, using effective and targeted marketing around the world, to continue to grow tourism sustainably coming in to Fiji, in line with the Corporate Plan 2022 – 24.
- Manage all aspects of Tourism Fiji’s brand and brand pillars, across all global markets and in Fiji. Ensure the “Fiji Where Happiness Comes Naturally” consumer focussed branding is integrated effectively across all Tourism Fiji’s markets, including digitally. Working effectively and communicating regularly and clearly with the global team is a critical KPI.
- Oversee the operation and enhancement of our website www.fiji.com.fj to ensure that it is the definitive guide for tourists seeking to come to Fiji, or in Fiji. Connect to key media buys, and ensure digital assets are performing consistently to drive awareness, conversion and information for tourists. Ensure website performance is world class in partnership with our agency.
- Manage all aspects of Fiji’s owned channels – including social media, corporate communications and eDM – to continue to push forward Fiji’s brand pillars, while seeking to harness audiences, and convert through connected partners, or via owned digital. Actively seek opportunities to promote the value of tourism through our owned channels.
- Be a key liaison and champion of the Fijian tourism industry, implementing campaigns that proactively promote, enhance and boost the visitor profile of Fiji’s provinces and islands, and providing opportunity for the industry to promote their products, experiences and events. The CMO will be familiar with, or quickly gain familiarity with Fiji’s provinces, tourism regions and experiences, and ensure that through Tourism Fiji’s marketing platforms, tourists are dispersed across Fiji, and aware of the depth of experiences and accommodation across the country.
- Lead and develop a diverse, high performing team, to ensure a focus on ROI in line with the Strategic Priorities outlined in the Corporate Plan. Measure success through Key Measure deliverables. Develop and improve capability in the team, through consistent exposure to best practice globally.
- Manage all agency partnerships, ensuring agency partners and engaged professionals are in line with governance protocols and on budget.
- Be fully accountable for the Marketing budget, and contribute to the overall annual budget review. Ensure all governance elements to do with budget are followed, including meeting procurement and governance requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and Essential Attributes:
- A tertiary qualification and at least 8 years demonstrated experience in destination marketing at a senior level is mandatory.
- A passion for tourism is essential along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively, efficiently and pragmatically with stakeholders at all levels.
- The position is based in Nadi, Fiji.
If you have a can-do attitude and seek a rewarding role with unforgettable experiences in a dynamic organisation that prides itself on being an Employer of Choice, then apply by email with a cover letter, updated resume and salary expectation here, addressed to the:
Chief Executive Officer,
Please state Chief Marketing Officer in the subject line.
Tourism Fiji is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a safe and diverse workplace, where we are proudly Fijian, champion our diversity and equality and allow people to be themselves.
Fijians or applicants with Fijian heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 4pm (Fiji local time) on 31st March 2023.
PO Box 9217,
Nadi Airport, Fiji
Telephone : (679) 6722433
Related Jobs (3)
Sales & Marketing Assistant on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Campaign Manager on May 25, 2023 Full Time
Digital Marketing Executive on May 23, 2023 Full Time