Raffe Hotels & Resorts is a Fijian hotel management company that owns & operates three iconic Hotels & Resorts – Plantation Island Resort, Lomani Island Resort & Fiji Gateway Hotel. With our Head Office based in Nadi, Raffe Hotels & Resorts offers a wide range of experiences across the group for families, couples, business travellers, transit passengers, divers, surfers, weddings, conferences & more!
The role of Chief Executive Officer is responsible for group’s strategic direction, overall profit and loss, market rank and reputation of the group’s brands, and providing quality leadership to position the company at the forefront of the sector.
The CEO oversees all company operations to maximise productivity and efficiency, products quality, guest experience and cost-effective management of resources.
- Lead the Executive Management Team to ensure the company’s hotel and resort assets are operating as efficiently, profitably, and sustainably as possible.
- Ensure the company’s financial planning process produces annual operating and capex budgets that deliver on the company’s financial goals and asset management objectives.
- Plan and implement development strategies, renovations and other asset enhancements to meet market trends and ensure the Raffe properties remain “best in class”.
- Partner with senior management to develop effective operational strategies that will achieve competitive advantage for the group, ensuring all stakeholders have clear goals and targets.
- Enhance and evaluate performance of senior management in compliance with established policies and delivering on agreed objectives.
- Prepare and/or review activity reports and financial statements to regularly update the Board of Directors on progress and status in achieving agreed objectives; including recommendations, as required, to revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development and implementation of the group’s annual and long term strategic plans for the development and expansion of the group.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- An inspiring, genuine and innovative leader.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managerial roles in the hotel industry, with at least 5 years at General Manager level.
- Experience at 3.5 Star or above properties, with profit and loss responsibilities and operational oversight across multiple sites.
- Experience within Fiji and/or island properties is desirable but not essential.
- Highly successful in working in a multicultural environment, yet able to be assertive.
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management. A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar is desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised and demonstrated ability to produce effective management reports.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and strategic decision making skills
The successful candidate will report to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The General Managers of the three properties as well as key personnel in group functions (HR, IT, Reservations, Sales & Marketing, Finance) report to the CEO.
The position is based in Nadi, Fiji but will require weekly travel to Malolo Lailai island in the Mamanuca group of islands.
We are offering an attractive remuneration package including executive benefits to secure the right person.