Telecom is Fiji’s leading ICT Company which has evolved over the last 100 years from basic landline voice services to now providing end to end ICT solutions, owning and operating the country’s backbone telecommunications network infrastructure. At Telecom, we do more than just building world-class networks and developing innovative services – we enable how everyone in Fiji connects with each other and to the world!”
Chief Commercial Officer is an executive position responsible for the growth and development of Telecoms key business segments including Corporate, SME and Government. The Chief Commercial Officer will develop and implement sales and marketing strategy, execute annual operating plan, provide revenue forecasts, coordinate development of new ICT products, pricing models, manage overall customer engagement and satisfaction and drive revenue growth to achieve corporate targets. The Chief Commercial Officer will work closely with CEO and other executives and heads of departments to ensure Telecom’s strategic goals, customer satisfaction and performance objectives are met.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy to drive growth and revenue.
- Lead sales, marketing, and customer service teams to meet or exceed revenue and profit targets.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and partnerships to drive growth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and partners.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the organization to ensure alignment and integration of commercial strategies with overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with the CEO in developing, communicating, executing and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives.
- As member of the Executive Management Team, contribute to the elaboration and fulfillment of the mid and long-term organization strategy.
- Translate key strategic priorities into a sales strategy, including territory design, distribution strategy, customer segmentation, and annual resource planning.
- Communicate the company’s commercial strategy internally so that all employees understand the strategic plan and how it carries out the company’s overall goals.
- Review, consolidate and align sales targets, plans, reporting and execution.
- Take responsibility for setting incentives across sales channels and ensuring performance against core KPIs and targets.
- Further professionalize sales processes and CRM management. Create a best-in-class sales infrastructure, refining the analytical tools, resources, and processes available to the sales team and management: acquisition pipeline, account planning, deal qualification, deal progression, compelling proposals etc.
- Develop an active sales funnel and identify business opportunities. Collaborate with internal teams to deliver targeted campaigns and unlock efficiencies in the sales process.
- Lead the sales team in finding new ways to optimize processes and increase revenue, profitability, and customer experience.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the telecommunications industry, with a strong focus on commercial strategy and business development.
- Proven success in leading and growing sales, marketing, and customer service teams.
- Strong understanding of the telecommunications market, trends, and competition.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices and have an ability to coach others on them.
- Be capable of understanding strategic challenges in this segment of business (identification and authentication) and have a holistic view on sales, (digital) marketing, customer success and customer experience.
This position will be on contract; an attractive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Electronic applications only will be accepted through our website www.telecom.com.fj. Applications close 4.00pm 6th March , 2023.