Castaway Island, Fiji managed by Outrigger Hospitality Group is an award winning, iconic four star resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. Castaway Island Fiji is 30km from Nadi in the Mamanuca group and easily accessible by helicopter, seaplane and fast catamaran. We are seeking to employ a dynamic, energetic & self-motivated individual to fill the position of Chef de Partie – Pastry.
- Supervises and responsible for the overall operation of the pastry department.
- Ensures all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
- Responds promptly on any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (resort/customers) or as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Ensures pastry food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines.
- Closely work with the pastry production team and take corrective action where appropriate, and within company guidelines, if standards are not met.
- Ensures the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the pastry team.
- Proactively controls related costs by being fully aware of forecasted business and targeted profitability whilst maintaining standards.
- Works closely with Executive Chef to ensure strategies and practices are in place to facilitate the efficient and effective service quality targets are achieved
- Achieves effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, holding regular departmental meetings and actively encouraging communication with other departments within the resort.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Has relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a resort establishment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills Is a self-starter, has a drive, initiative and highly motivated Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
If you have the relevant experience and looking for new challenges, we would like to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, detailed CV together with a recent passport photograph and COVID19 fully Vaccination Proof to: [email protected] All applications need to be submitted no later than COB Friday 31st March, 2023. Applicants that meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted for an interview.
Related Jobs (13)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Commis Chef / Dive Instructor on May 26, 2023 Full Time
Guest Relations Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time