IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
As Chef de Partie, you will be a motivated person with a positive attitude who has an interest to progress your culinary career and exposure to leadership, skill development, and versatility amongst different outlets of the Culinary/Food & Beverage Department.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, and challenging, but is not limited to:
- Working alongside Senior Chefs to grow your skills, whilst training, supervising and supporting those in more junior positions and apprentices.
- The opportunity to influence seasonal menus.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, whilst simultaneously achieving budget requirements.
- Perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another department as per departmental standards.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food and beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/Senior Sous Chef and Junior Sous Chefs in ensuring all culinary standards comply with company and hotel policy and procedure.
- Drive HACCP culture within assigned kitchen ensuring standards are continuously met and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assist in effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing utilization of employees with other kitchen outlets.
- Assign responsibility to subordinates, implementing the multi-tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
- Ensure colleague training is completed as per brand standards, and identify and promote opportunities of growth for engagement within the team.
- Ensure guest satisfaction and customer experience by following IHG policies and procedures.
InterContinental Fiji Golf resort & Spa seek a hospitality professional with International experience, who will enhance and develop our culinary offer to greater heights.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commercial cookery certification and will have worked with a food safety system such as HACCP.
- Minimum 3 years previous culinary experience, ideally with leadership exposure and in a hotel or luxury restaurant environment.
- Commitment to work rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Great communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Outgoing and people oriented.
- Able to multi-tasks and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft word (optional).
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, enthusiasm to learn new things and above all, a can do attitude.
- Creatively focused and have a genuine passion for creating exceptional cuisine.
How do I deliver this?
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 09th June , 2023.