- Assists and supports the Sous Chefs and Executive Chef in all food preparation, ensuring that junior chefs have been briefed and allocated daily tasks.
- Assists in managing the kitchen team to ensure food preparation is completed in time for meal service and guest orders are ready in a timely manner.
- Supervises the preparation of all dishes including meats, seafood and sauces, ensuring portion sizes, marinades and flavours are in accordance with recipes.
- Ensures the kitchen team are compliant with food safety, health and hygiene standards in the kitchen.
- Ensures that the team logs and records daily sales, guest feedback and maintenance requests is addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensures overall food standards i.e. preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines.
- Works closely with the Senior Sous Chef and Executive Chef in determining quality and quantity of food materials used with a view of eliminating wastage.
- Ensures the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the kitchen team.
- Responds promptly on any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (resort/customers) or as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Achieves effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, holding regular departmental meetings and actively encouraging communication with other departments within the resort.
- Constantly liaises with Food & Beverage management on special request/orders etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Has relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
· Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a resort establishment.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Is a self-starter, has a drive, initiative and highly motivated
· Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
Annual Salary – $24,960. If you have the relevant experience and looking for new challenges, we would like to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, detailed CV together with a recent passport photograph and COVID19 fully Vaccination Proof to: [email protected] All applications need to be submitted no later than COB Friday 26th May, 2023. Applicants that meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted for an interview.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time