Carptrac, the Caterpillar Distributor in the Fiji Market has an excellent opportunity available for suitably qualified and experienced person for the position of Heavy Mobile Plant Technician to be part of our Caterpillar team in Raiwai, Suva.
About the role:
The HMP Technician is responsible for the servicing and repairing of Caterpillar and Non-Caterpillar earth-moving equipment and generators in the workshop and on field. This is an advanced level role whereby the employee serves as a lead worker focused on overseeing and performing the most complex assignments, providing technical assistance in the diagnosis and repairing of heavy equipment and generators, and working closely with lower-level mechanics. Under the guidance of supervisors, the Technician monitors quality control for work performed, and customer relations. A HMP Technician performs assignments that go beyond those typically expected at the experienced level.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment and generators.
- Diagnose, service and repair various systems such as electronic and mechanical engines, hydraulics, transmission, drive-train, brake systems, engine tune up, valves servicing, injector heights, fuel racks, governors and pressure checks.
- Understand and operate Caterpillar Electronic Diagnosing Tools and specialized CAT tooling
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in the equipment and generators and disassemble units, repair or replace and reassemble parts.
- Repair or replace electrical fuses, batteries, lights, instruments, warning devices, controls and switches, computer controls, modules, alternators, starters, and defective cables and wiring. This will include 12 and 24-volt systems found on equipment.
- Overhaul engines, replace engines, and rebuild components.
- Maintain service logs and records of maintenance on equipment using management software.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- Provide instruction and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to perform equipment repair, inspection and preventive maintenance.
- Perform related work as assigned by management.
- Form 6 pass with relevant trade Certificate
- Ability to install, repair, service, test and troubleshoot equipment
- Must be able to understand schematics and circuit diagrams
- Ability to work flexible hours and work around a changing schedule
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diagnostic skills
- Working knowledge of the equipment needed for the job
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include bending, lifting heavy equipment and working in confined spaces
- Completion of Apprenticeship will be an advantage
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation will be an added advantage
- Ability to effectively manage time.
We will offer highly competitive salary to successful candidate.
Written applications, with a detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences are to be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Monday 25th September 2023.
Manager People & Performance
P O Box 299
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview