Carpenters Motors, a division of Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited and a recognized leader in the Motoring Industry in Fiji, is seeking applications from interested candidates for the Operations Manager position to be based in our Carpenters Motors- Tyres & Batteries in Suva. If you believe you are ready to join our dynamic team we want to hear from you!
About the Role:
The Operations Manager for the Tires and Batteries for Carpenters Motors plays a crucial role in maintaining inventory quality, optimizing operations, and supporting the sales and service functions of the business. Their responsibilities contribute to the overall success and customer satisfaction of the division.
- Oversee the procurement and stocking of tires and batteries to ensure an adequate supply for customer needs.
- Monitor inventory levels, optimize stocking strategies, and minimize excess or obsolete stock.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and negotiate favorable terms, pricing, and delivery schedules.
- Evaluate supplier performance and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that all tires and batteries meet quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Implement quality control measures and address any product defects or recalls promptly.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to develop promotional strategies and pricing models.
- Provide technical product knowledge and training to sales staff.
- Streamline operational processes to reduce costs and improve overall efficiency.
- Optimize warehouse and logistics operations for timely product availability
- Implement inventory tracking systems to monitor stock levels, track sales trends, and generate reports.
- Hire, train, and supervise department staff, including warehouse personnel and technicians.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide coaching and development as needed.
- Ensure excellent customer service and handle customer inquiries, complaints, and returns related to tires and batteries.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards in the handling and storage of tires and batteries.
- Develop and manage budgets for the Tires and Batteries division.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and implement cost-control measures.
- Analyze market trends and customer demand to forecast future inventory needs.
- Ensure the availability of seasonal and specialty tires and batteries.
- Handle warranty claims and returns efficiently, adhering to manufacturer guidelines.
- Coordinate with manufacturers for warranty reimbursement.
- Implement and utilize inventory management software and systems to streamline operations and track inventory accurately.
- Stay updated with industry trends and technological advancements in tires and batteries.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations related to the disposal and recycling of batteries.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain management or operations management.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in inventory management, logistics, or operations, preferably within the automotive or tire and battery industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role, with a track record of successfully leading teams.
- A strong understanding of the automotive industry, particularly in relation to tires and batteries, including product specifications, market trends, and customer needs.
- Proficiency in inventory management, including ordering, stocking, and tracking inventory levels.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and negotiate favorable terms and pricing
- Experience in evaluating supplier performance and making vendor selections.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team.
- Experience in hiring, training, and evaluating staff.
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of tires and batteries, including sizing, specifications, and maintenance requirements.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to staff and customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective interaction with team members, suppliers, and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining relationships.
- Proficiency in data analysis and the ability to use data to make informed decisions and solve complex operational challenges.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and compliance standards, especially those related to handling batteries and hazardous materials.
- Experience in budget development and financial management to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Proficiency in using inventory management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and other relevant technology tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions, customer demands, and industry trends.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction.
We will offer highly competitive salary to the successful candidate. Written applications, with a detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences are to be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Saturday 21th October, 2023
Manager People and Performance
GPO Box 299
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Related Jobs (9)
Administrative/ Accounts Officer- Carpenters Properties Pte Limited on September 18, 2023 Full Time