VACANCY – BUTCHER
CPL Group is seeking applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the position of Butcher. Reporting to the Senior Butcher, the Butcher is responsible for quality inspections, usage of meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching. The incumbent will liaise and provide advise to customers regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & qualification:
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Certificate in Meat Processing or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Meat Retailing, Small Goods Manufacturing and Meat Costing.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – BUTCHER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 02, 2023
Related Jobs (13)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Commis Chef / Dive Instructor on May 26, 2023 Full Time
Guest Relations Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time