Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Harmony Gold Mining Ltd
We are currently seeking to recruit a Blasting Supervisor for our Mining Department. Reporting to the Drill & Blast Senior Supervisor, the primary objective of the role is to supervise and conduct blasting in a safe and efficient manner as per MCGL’s safe working procedures.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all tie-ups and firing shots are done in accordance with plans provided by the drill & blast engineer
- Preparing and complying mine productions and ensuring guidelines are followed
- Ensuring all unused explosives and blasting accessories are returned after each blast
- Maintaining logbook for explosives magazines and explosive vehicle and keeping it updated on a daily basis
- Identifying and develop new systems and techniques for blasting QAQC that provide an overall value in terms of improved fragmentation, reduce waste and lower cost
- Complying with short firing procedures
- Prepare daily blast reports and submit records to the Drill & Blast Coordinator.
- Coach and mentor each member of the blast crew to identify and rectify any hazards and ensure new team members receive blasting specific inductions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years as a PNG qualified Shot-Firer
- Must hold a current PNG Shotfirers certificate
- Atleast 5 years’ experience in blasting in an open pit mining at a Supervisory level
- Ability to read and interpret Drill & Blast patterns from Engineers
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative and possess demonstrated
- Possess good Blasting background and technicality ability with outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain concepts concisely and a accurately
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and time management skills
- Strong Safety Focus
- Ability to Lead, Mentor and Coach subordinates
The above role is Hidden Valley mine site based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Monday 03rd April 2023
Related Jobs (3)
ENGINEER – SOUTH SEA ISLAND on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Trade Apprentice on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac (Suva) – Parts Interpreter on May 11, 2023 Full Time