Kokomo Resort Pte Limited is seeking an experienced and qualified Bartender
to be based at Kokomo Private Island, Kadavu.
The candidate we are seeking will have the following attributes;
- An excellent telephone manner & customer service skill.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent personal hygiene, grooming and presentation skills
- The ability & flexibility to work across a 7-day working environment, including weekends and public holidays.
- Proactive and creative mindset with excellent time-management skills
- Prevent guest complaints and exceed expectations. A willingness to go the extra mile.
- The flexibility to work shifts including mornings, afternoons & evenings
- Ability to work well autonomously, under pressure and remain calm, organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to live-on site and share facilities with other staff members
If the above sounds like you, read on to learn more about what will you be doing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To interact with guest in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- To be knowledgeable with all services offered in the Bar, Restaurant and hotel facilities.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure in a busy environment.
- Thorough understanding of classic cocktails and ability to follow recipes and methods
- The manager on duty MUST be notified of any complaints immediately.
- Ensuring bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Preparing bar for service: adequate supplies of polished glassware, drinks, bottles, garnishes.
- Maintain bar atmospherics according to venue guidelines – lighting, music, displays
- Mixing drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages according to drink recipes guidelines.
- Making sure wines and cocktails are always served in the right glass
- Taking orders and serving bar snacks to guests.
- Practicing FIFO every time new stock is received.
- Regularly check the expiration dates of beverage items.
- Ensure the liquor storeroom is well kept and all stock movements should be authorized.
- Ensure all garbage is properly segregated.
- Assisting guests with suggestions for choosing drinks and food.
- Practicing Responsible Service of Alcohol policies at all times, including checking identifications, and determining guests’ drinking capacity, safety, and safe departure.
- Making sure the Drinks are charged first before making or issuing
- Interring micros transactions with high level of accuracy.
- Knowing the venue’s story and being able to use that to enhance guests’ experience and satisfaction.
- Maintaining bar stock and inventory according to stock levels and advise on re-ordering.
- Maintaining a clean working area by sweeping, dusting, cleaning of bar fridges and keeping floors dry.
- Washing glassware and utensils after each use.
- When closing the bar all bottles must be wiped then stored.
- Be and look professional all times no eating and drinking in front of guests
Skills and Experience below are added advantage
- 5-star resort experience.
- Food and beverage knowledge.
- Driving license is a must.
Please note we will only be considering applicants who meet the minimum requirements outlined above.
If you are suitably qualified for the above position and ready to join our team, please apply.
Send your detailed CV, a cover letter and a recent PP size photo Via email to
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Applications will close on Friday 9th June 2023
Related Jobs (19)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time