Your day to day
As Banquet Supervisor, you have a genuine passion for working closely with the Event Planning team and client to bring meetings, conferences and events to life. You will have the ability to inspire and lead your colleagues and have the genuine care to train and develop a high performing team.
- This role will requires wonderful working relationships with the Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage and overall hotel operations team.
- Reporting to our Food and Beverage Services Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of Conference and Events, meeting and greeting each client personally and ensuring they are absolutely delighted with their experience.
- This role requires a detailed oriented individual who will go the extra mile for each guest will at the same time ensuring financial metrics are achieved.
- This role requires ultimate organization to ensure banquet event orders are rigorously adhered to but late guest requests and changes are handed with prowess and agility.
- You will ensure all stock and equipment is thoroughly maintained to the highest standard and every item has a place in our hotel to support an exceptionally efficient operation while supporting a superior colleague working environment.
- Identify creative and unique opportunities to provide a boutique style banqueting experience supporting the highest guest satisfaction in innovative ways.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner and according to hotel and company policy, including PCI compliance ensuring our guests and colleagues feel comfortable to trust us protecting our reputation as the leading hospitality operator globally.
- Be a talent magnet by attracting, retaining, and developing colleagues who are passionate about delighting guests and delivering exceptions meetings and events moments.
- Take appropriate action on all guest feedback, and actively pursue a total guest focused approach throughout the department.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field may be an advantage.
- At least 2 years of sound knowledge and experience of banquet service operations with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audio visual systems, food handling and HACCP exposure or study of food handling training.
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further!
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
How to apply?
Click on ” Apply Now” and submit your CV and application letter online.
Applications close 24th May 2022