IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-I-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
The Banquet Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of all food & beverage for functions held in the hotel and details pertaining to functions being held in all Banquet and meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management. Energetic and organized are key aspects of being banquet/events manager. In this role, it is important to communicate with the event sales team and executive chef to ensure all customer needs are met. Your duties will include controlling all events rooms, banqueting equipment, banquet service team, costs and quality of services offered, preparing the venue for each event, and coordinating the service delivery during the events.
- Coordinate details of a contract with the event sales team and the executive chef
- Plan the venue layout according to the number of guests and type of event
- Determine the number of waiters and servers required for an event
- Supervise the placement of tables, chairs, table settings, and serving stations to make sure they are placed properly
- Consult with the head chef to discuss the timing of the meal courses being served
- Oversee the seating of guests, serving of meals and beverages, and the quick clearing of tables
- Manage the availability of equipment and beverage supplies
- Prepare work schedules and complete all billing documentation on time
- Answer customer questions and accommodate special requests when necessary
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognise good performance
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management
- Working closely with the Kitchen and Hotel Services team members to provide seamless service
- Supporting the Hotel Service team by performing shifts and duties whilst providing True Hospitality service guest experience
- Follow Banquet Event Order form to understand the client’s function requests and setup according to their contract agreement with the Conference & Events Executive team
- Monitor and control labour costs and other expenses.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty
- Receive/Analysis customer feedback and actively follow through with quality continuous improvement actions. Respond appropriately to guest complaints and concerns, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction
- Going above and beyond for the client and guests, understanding their needs and always making their experience memorable
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
To be successful as a banquet manager, the ideal candidate must have experience in food & beverage service, managing dining events, delivering services that meets the events order, and provide excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
- Completion of a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- At least 2 years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be a team player & provide support and assistance where possible to any department.
- Highly developed interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of the hotel and brand at all times.
- Commitment with flexibility to work a rotation roster.
- Ability to plan banquets/event, manage operational requirements and meet deadlines
- Collaboration with the event sales team and head chef
- Train, Manager and Supervise banquet/event team
- Sound knowledge and experience with catering & audio/video equipment and venue requirements
- knowledge of best practices in the hospitality industry
- Must speak fluent English and other languages preferred.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (19)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time