Job Description: A Bank Reconciliation Officer is responsible for ensuring that the financial records of the bank are accurate and up-to-date. This includes reconciling bank accounts, identifying and investigating any discrepancies, and preparing reports for
- Reconcile bank accounts: The Bank Reconciliation Officer will reconcile bank accounts by comparing the bank statement to the bank records. Any discrepancies must be identified and investigated promptly.
- Investigate discrepancies: If any discrepancies are found, the Bank Reconciliation Officer will investigate them to determine the cause. This may involve working with other departments within the bank or communicating with external parties.
- Prepare reports: The Bank Reconciliation Officer will prepare reports for management on a regular basis, summarizing the bank’s financial position and any discrepancies that have been identified.
- Ensure compliance: The Bank Reconciliation Officer must ensure that all bank records and activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Communicate with stakeholders: The Bank Reconciliation Officer will need to communicate with internal stakeholders, such as accounting and finance teams, as well as external stakeholders, such as auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain accurate records: The Bank Reconciliation Officer will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all reconciliations, investigations, and reports.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is typically required.
- Experience: Prior experience in bank reconciliation or accounting is preferred.
- Attention to detail: The Bank Reconciliation Officer must have a keen eye for detail to identify any discrepancies in bank records.
- Analytical skills: The Bank Reconciliation Officer must be able to analyse financial data and identify trends and patterns.
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Time management skills: The Bank Reconciliation Officer must be able to manage their time effectively to meet deadlines and ensure that reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements: The Bank Reconciliation Officer must have a solid understanding of regulatory requirements and internal policies to ensure compliance.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Please send your application letter, copy of your up[dated CV or resume, copies of qualification certificates to Financial Controller, Captain Cook Cruise Fiji, PO Box 23, Nadi or email: [email protected]