- Ensures all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards
- Ensures that work area, equipment and section is kept clean at all times in accordance with kitchen standard operating procedures.
- Assists Chef de Partie in monitoring food preparation and wastage cost controls
- Works closely with the Chef de Partie to achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and preferably exceeds guests’ expectations.
- Ensures pastry food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines.
- Closely work with the pastry production team and take corrective action where appropriate, and within company guidelines, if standards are not met.
- Ensures the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained
- Proactively controls related costs by being fully aware of forecasted business and targeted profitability whilst maintaining standards.
- Responds promptly on any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (resort/customers) or as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Works closely with Chef de Partie to ensure strategies and practices are in place to facilitate the efficient and effective service quality targets are achieved
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Has relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
· Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in a resort establishment.
· Should have good communication and interpersonal skills
· Is a self-starter, has a drive, initiative and highly motivated
· Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time