About the Role:
Based in Port Moresby and reports to the Senior Audit Officer. The successful incumbent will be responsible to undertake checks/ tests to determine whether business units/ branches/auditable areas, within the BSP Group, are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, internal control and risk management activities in compliance with duly approved management instructions, policy and procedures and in a manner consistent with bank strategic objectives and goals.
- Assist develop in consultation with Senior Audit Officers & Audit Managers, suitable Audit (and Risk) programs for all appropriate auditable areas and, where required, undertake ‘process walkthroughs’ to update (or produce) process maps and risk & control matrices(RACM).
- Assist ensure audit assignment coverage of all auditable entities/functions is maintained over a three (3) year audit cycle and all audits are completed within approved timeframes.
- Assist develop, produce and maintain computer assisted audit tools & techniques (CAAT’s) to assist with efficient branch/business unit/lending unit audits, in consultation with the IT Audit team.
- Assist coordinate internal control & risk awareness programs for all staff. Assist promote control, and fraud prevention awareness within the Bank.
- Conduct special projects and investigations, as required and as directed by the Audit Manager. Liaise with other Audit Officers where audit activities interface, to obtain assistance where necessary and to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Produce quality audit reports detailing findings of the audit investigations/reviews with appropriate recommendations to rectify any deficiencies, in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular monthly follow up with the Business Units/ branches to ensure audit issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist monitor time and expenditure budgets for all audit assignments and follow up in all cases where time taken appears to be outside established standards.
- Assist review and comment where necessary on procedural changes and new or upgraded systems implemented by the auditable areas of the Bank, which affects those areas or other business units and/or branch network.
Essential Qualifications, Professional/Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or other Tertiary Diploma (preferably in Accounting, Economics or Computer Science), and/or equivalent professional qualifications in audit or accounting.
- Basic technical skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Basic technical skills in Lending Processes/ Policies & Procedures/ Product Knowledge/Computing & IT Intermediate technical skills in Numeracy/ Financial & Risk Management.
- Advanced technical skills in Industry Knowledge.
- Good planning & organising skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Minimum 3 years banking experience and/or prior audit experience, (1+ years) in the banking or financial industries (preferred).
- Familiar with internal control & compliance regulations.
- Well developed & sound communication skills both oral & written.
Think you have the appropriate skills and experience to perform this role? Send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management, BSP People & Culture via email [email protected].
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on Friday, 05 January, 2024.