The appointee will work alone on rostered shifts, mainly after hours on weekdays, weekends, and Public Holidays, managing students and accommodation facilities in the Residential Halls while providing a high standard of customer service. He/She will be expected to provide effective supervision, support, and monitoring of residents to ensure their wellbeing and an environment conducive to study and rest. This requires doing regular rounds of the Halls during a shift to enforce rules, foster discipline, deal with incidents/situations that arise, including sick students and address facilities maintenance and health and safety issues.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Completion of a diploma level qualification with one (1) year of relevant work-related experience;
- (An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training;
- Experience & Proven ability to work alone and without direct supervision;
- Some supervisory and/or student welfare experience and ensure that rules are followed;
- Good report writing and organizational skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work rostered shifts, after hours, weekends and public holidays;
- Ability to perform physical work.
Enquiries and further information: Mr. Alfred Antonio: email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
FJ $18,223.02 to FJ $24,354.06 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 19 February 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Related Jobs (141)
DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (PORT VILA) – NORISH PROJECT on February 28, 2024 Full Time
DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (PORT VILA) – LABOUR MOBILITY PROJECT on February 28, 2024 Full Time