IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Holiday Inn Suva is just steps from the city’s key sights, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. All our bright, modern guest rooms have high-speed internet and a balcony. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre. Our Sirocco restaurant is a laid-back setting for relaxed dining, while waterfront Bati ni Wai serves pizza al fresco. Enjoy an icy-cold beverage with a big-screen sports channel in Tapa Lounge Bar or listen to live music and enjoy Suva’s sunsets from the pool deck.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Outlet Manager – Events and Entertainment to support our F&B operations.
Reporting directly to the F&B Service Manager and closely collaborating with the Conference & Events commercial team, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering all meetings, conferences, and events, as well as ensuring the upkeep of all event and entertainment equipment in compliance with brand standards. Additionally, you will be tasked with planning and delivering all live entertainment in coordination with the F&B Service Manager. The role involves:
• Managing daily F&B (events) operational activities, planning, and assigning work to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
• Following the Banquet Event Order to understand and fulfill the client’s function, setup, and service requests, as well as handling stock and billing in accordance with the contract/agreement.
• Working closely with Kitchen, F&B, and Hotel Services team members to provide seamless service.
• Monitoring and controlling labor costs and other expenses.
• Managing equipment stock, including corrective maintenance, serviceability, and replacement tracking.
• Going above and beyond in understanding customer needs and delivering a memorable experience – attending appropriately to guest complaints and concerns, soliciting feedback, and building relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
• Develop standards and operating procedures and train your team to ensure compliance with standards, efficiency, and productively and to drive customer satisfaction metrics.
• Cultivating a positive working environment for teams to thrive by connecting departments to create a sense of one team – improving performance through coaching and feedback, setting performance and development goals, and recognizing good performance.
• Ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests, team members, and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements including a commitment to sustainable practices towards operating a “green” hotel.
• Complying with local laws regarding health & safety and alcohol services.
• Maintaining good working business relations with stakeholders and contractors.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
• Completion of a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
• At least 2 years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be a team player & provide support and assistance where possible to any department.
• Highly developed interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
• Abide by all policies and procedures of the hotel and brand at all times
• Commitment with flexibility to work a rotation roster.
• Must speak fluent English and other languages preferred.
What we Offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and well-being, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that support you throughout your IHG career journey.
• Competitive salary
• Paid birthday leave
• Paid exam leave
• Medical Cover & Term Life Cover
• Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
• An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
• Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (7)
Duty Supervisor- Carpenters Properties Pte Limited on February 26, 2024 Full Time
General Manager – Builder Developer – South Pacific on February 21, 2024 Full Time
SENIOR SERVICE ASSISTANT, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE CENTRES on February 20, 2024 Full Time