ASSISTANT HR MANAGER
Our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. Holiday Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby is seeking a qualified experienced HR leader.
Reporting to the Director HR – IHG PNG, as Assistant HR Manager you will be responsible for assisting the Director of HR in the direction and administration of the Human Resources function specifically Recruitment, Learning & Development in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Diploma or Associated Degree in Human Resource/ Industrial Psychology from a recognized University. Workplace Training and Assessment certification essential. 3 years or more working experience in Talent Acquisition/ L&D. Hotel background would be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Technical knowledge on complex process and procedures.
- Problem solving sills.
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership skills
- Training experience
- Project orientated and a champion of change.
- Must be familiar with the concepts of diversity and inclusion to be able to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- Honest and must be able to maintain a high level of integrity.
- Assist in the creation of and work within the establish Human Resources department budget and control expenses. Managing staffing to manage cost.
- Educate and train managers on progressive discipline processes in accord with hotel and IHG policies, PNG Employment Law. Lead conversations on performance management processes and related programs to foster productivity and enhance performance.
- Ensure hotel hiring standards are applicable laws and regulations are followed in a timely manner for recruiting and selection processes.
- Execute the onboarding process within the Hotel, functional level per IHG guidelines through IHG myLearning and people tools. Ensure clear communication of company training plans are achieved, whilst working closely with department trainers.
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and IHG company policies and procedures. Conduct annual HR compliance/ standards self audit.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, great career pathway and room to grow opportunity into a professional Hotelier and HR Business Partner.
And because the Holiday Inn & Suites Port Moresby brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (20)
TRAINER CERTIFICATE IV LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT (Apia) on February 7, 2023 Full Time