Bring your best to the role! Come join our Pacific Finance Team in Fiji as an Assistant Financial Accountant.
This is an exciting opportunity to for you to develop your career in Finance.
Our people are our most important asset and at Tower we are all about passionate people working together to achieve great outcomes.
In this role you will be a key part of our Finance Team. Your duties will include month end processing, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and close liaison with the Tower Finance teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Sound knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Ability to identify issues and improvements to systems and processes
- Interest in financial markets and investments
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Knowledge of ERP systems like Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of VAT/GST, FBT and WHT fundamentals.
- Good communicator, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Results driven and is motivated to achieve objectives
- Positive attitude; enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Have a Degree in Accounting and related fields, CPA/CA (or working towards) would be added advantage.
You will be responsible for:
- Business partnering with key stakeholders
- Managing the day-to-day finance function for your respective territory
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Assist in preparing Financial Statements for multiple entities in accordance with Accounting Standards
- Coordinating and liaising on activities and tasks across departments and across different countries
- Ensuring all management expenses are in line with operations and plan.
- Completing month end tasks and liaising with Head Office in New Zealand on finance functions
- Completing key reconciliations and participating in peer reviews
- Finance system and Process Improvement
- Stakeholder management for various entities and countries
- Accurately preparing and submitting regulatory returns and reports
Role related experience:
- Minimum of two to three years experience in a similar role
Tower prides itself on being a diverse and inclusive environment. We embrace and encourage our employees to bring their whole selves to work, and to celebrate their age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion and anything else that helps to make our people unique. We are proud holders of the Rainbow Tick which is an important symbol for us.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Don’t miss this unique opportunity.
Applications closes on September 2 2022