The nature of the role includes:
- Assisting in carrying out daily shed walks, to identify shed structural, repairs and maintenance problems that need attention and remedy.
- Assisting in managing day to day farm operations.
- Assisting in effective farm supervision.
- Ensuring end to end animal care and bio security compliance.
- Assisting in implementing farm training programs to ensure continuous improvements in overall farm performance.
- Ensuring that Goodman Fielder Safety Standards and Environmental Policy and Regulatory obligations are adhered to at all times.
Key skills and attributes required:
- A certificate or diploma in Animal Husbandry or Agricultural Science.
- 1+ years’ experience in poultry operations preferably in an entry level leadership role.
- A strong commitment to delivering standards of the highest quality.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A valid group 2 driving license with no demerit points is an advantage.
How to apply
If this opportunity appeals to you then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your cover letter and CV today!
(YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR COVER LETTER AND CURRICULUM VITAE IN ONE PDF FILE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
Only candidates with the experience and qualifications listed need to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 8 July 2022.