We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Community Liaison Officer for our People – Community Affairs Department. Reporting to the Community Liaison Officer, the position is responsible for providing assistance in the effort of maintaining high level of Community Liaison, managing, facilitating and producing information packages that are in line with MCGL policies and procedures. The position is also to assist in the liaison work amongst communities, Stakeholders and the Community Affairs Management for better understanding and co-operation on matters affecting the mine operations. Moreover, to support Community Liaison Officer to deliver Mine Operations updates to Land Owner Communities, communities along the Access Road, Highway and Wau/Bulolo and the Local Level Governments in Bulolo and Wau Waria Districts as well.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with village liaison officers, provide awareness and educate communities on ownership of village projects and Programs
- Assist in coordinating and liaise with all stakeholders, and provide support in monitoring programs and projects and thereby provide feedback to superiors.
- Provide support to team when liaising with relevant LLG officers and for community base programs.
- Assist in the supporting community projects being implemented and provide timely reports/briefs to superiors
- Assist community engagement team in ensuring all information disseminated are consistent, in line with policies and plans
- Provide support to team when mine update awareness is carried out in all the mine affected communities with consistency on quarterly basis
- Assist Supervisors to ensure that all information packages produced are delivered to all the communities. (landowners, access road, highway and riverine)
- Providing support to other sections (lands, agriculture, business development, gender, media) in their respective tasks.
- Assist in providing updates to team leaders on community concerns and grievances.
- Updating contact lists of all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Provide necessary support to team when working with APD to maintain good order along the access road and the surrounding areas
- Produce reports or briefs as required by the community liaison officers
- Maintain all hidden valley protocols, policies and guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Education Qualification – Grade 10 or 12.
- Three to five years in a similar role in a similar industry.
- Experience in working within Wau Waria and Bulolo Districts and be familiar with surrounding communities of Watut and Biangai areas.
- Communicate and write in both Pidgin and English.
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- IBIS Donations and Community Support
- Current Class 6 driver’s license with more than three years of driving experience.
- Maintain all Hidden Valley Mine safety protocols, policies and guidelines
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes on Saturday 13th May, 2023
Related Jobs (11)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time