We are looking for suitably qualified candidates who will take on the role of Assistant Buyer. The Assistant Buyer is responsible for supporting the Procurement Officer with all procurement related tasks such as selecting the right product mix, managing purchase orders, monitoring inventory and providing admin support. The Assistant Buyer will also work closely with vendors and keep track of market trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing Inventory Inspections and reordering supplies & stock as necessary.
- Monitor & maintain records of all orders shipment and received stock, weekly.
- Assist with payment, order & shipment follow ups.
- Assist with maintain 95% availability of key item lines
- Coordinate with import & logistics team and follow up on delays of shipments/ orders that have been rescheduled.
- Establish and maintain internal/external client relations with vendors and suppliers.
- Assist sales/ operations team with back orders stock availability and ETA.
- Ensure all items new/old have proper code, description, unit of measure, prices and bar codes.
- Create codes for new lines considering correct supplier, group tariff codes, bar code, unit of measure, buying price and retail price from the region 01-03-04-06-08.
- Monitor price reviews.
- Assist with EDP invoicing for customer orders once there is an update of shipment.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in business, logistics or related field.
- Previous experience with similar role.
- Proficiency with relevant management software programs (MS Office Suits/ Pronto).
- Great Organizational & planning skills.
- Excellent networking & time management skills.
- Basic product knowledge on pharmacy lines (Medical, Beauty, Personal Care, Baby Products).
- Experience with warehouse & logistics management.
- Experience with production & shipment leads as well as payment terms of each supplier manufacturer.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – Assistant Buyer in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Friday, February 10th, 2023