Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited, one of the largest organization in the private sector is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced person for the role of “Assistant Accountant” to be based at Carpenters Fiji Head office.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly and annual financial accounts.
- Daily cash flow analysis and regular bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of general ledgers and journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Analysis and interpreting monthly financial results for management and reporting of key statistical figures to Head Office.
- Assist in preparing annual budget and managing finances in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Carry out capital expenditure appraisals for submission to management for approval.
- Ensure adherence to budgets and analysis of revenue and expenditure.
- Ensure compliance with local and statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of monthly management accounts.
- Implementation of internal control mechanisms.
- Attending to VAT, compliance and regulatory issues.
- Maintenance of fixed assets register.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors during review and audit.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting / Financial Management.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, team oriented, hands-on, meticulous, independent in resolving issues, highly dependable and committed to meet multiple deadlines.
A written application, with detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences, can also be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than 6th September 2022.
Head of Group Human Resources
Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited
PO Box 299
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as position applied for.