The University of the South Pacific (USP) is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to join our Finance Section at Laucala Campus. Under the direction of the Management Accountant for Regional Campuses, the appointee will be responsible for assisting in the provision of effective financial support for the University’s Campuses in our 12 member countries. The appointee will prepare financial reports, monitor budgets and cash flows, prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations, support Campus finance staff and assist to ensure regulatory and financial compliance at all campuses.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A good degree in Accounting with at least three years of relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (particularly in MS Excel);
- Good knowledge of oral Emails;
- Basic Knowledge in Accounting / MYOB;
- Proven experience in financial reporting coupled with sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Excellent communication Skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Problem solving & Teamwork approach;
- Good analytical skills in terms of data collation & interpretation;
- Good organizational and time management skills and be results focused;
- Creativity, be innovative and change-oriented;
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Flexibility and adaptability – capable of working after hours and weekends to complete assigned tasks.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Lusiani Biukoto, Executive Officer, Finance Section. Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- FJ $28,440 to FJ $ 34,571 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 14 May 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Related Jobs (12)
Junior Financial Accountant on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Inventory Clerk on June 6, 2023 Full Time
SERVICE MANAGER on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Trade Analyst on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Bank account setup for Outsource Fiji on June 5, 2023 Full Time
URGENT : Accounts Payable Officer on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Accounts Officer on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Payroll Officer on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Accountant on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Insurance Accountant on May 31, 2023 Full Time