1. Review Pre-Migration Report (PMR) upon receipt and validate relevant information, review account for rehabilitation or recovery and obtain appropriate approval. Build Retain/consolidate and rehabilitate or reduce and exit steady for each file.
2. For all accounts under rehabilitation, in consultation with the client and origination loan unit formulate a rehabilitation plan and where appropriate visit project to ascertain if plan of actions is being adhered to by the client.
3. In coordination with Team Leader Asset Management and Recovery, for all accounts for recover action, prepare at least quarterly file note updates for approval and noting.
4. Monitor compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the approval and plan of payment and confer with client immediately in case of failure to comply. Where deficit is noted these need to be clearly outlined on file notes.
5. In case of improvement or further deterioration of accounts, perform account repricing and recommend loan reclassification and appropriate adjustments on the loan loss provision when necessary.
6. Bill borrowers for payment of taxes and insurance on mortgaged properties or initiate payment thereof and charge same as borrower advances.
7. Monitor collection and/or requests for deferment within the prescribed period prior to seizure of assets. Make prior arrangement for buyers of livestock for seizure as they must be sold immediately and send final collection letter to client.
8. Assist Team Leader Asset Management & Recovery in identifying new business opportunities from rehabilitated accounts under their respective portfolios.
9. Investigate customers’ circumstances in line with rehabilitation or recovery process being pursued and ensure that all loan administration aspects are audit compliant.
10. Well planned Loan Portfolio supervision and monitoring including Annual reviews, Mandatory reviews, Provision reviews and Post Review Formalization are carried out under proper endorsement and timely manner.
11. Ensure loan dues and over dues are collected in timely manner to avoid deterioration of loan portfolio quality with adoption of proactive approach on reasonable or genuine cases early settlement of the account or portfolio.
12. Incumbent to work closely with banks Legal and Governance and Tender Committee in delivery of positive outcomes of asset sale and debt recovery .
A Degree in Banking/Accounting/Economic/ Business Studies or its equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
Three (3) years’ work experience in a similar, or lending role with some legal background preferred.