We are seeking to recruit an APD Officer for our SHSR – Asset Protection Department. Reporting to the Senior APD Officer, the successful applicant, as a member of security team, will be responsible for conducting all security functions in order to support all Harmony Operations.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Manning Security Guard Posts
- Monitor and Report breaches of Safety or Security
- Maintain a high level of competency in line with the Department approved Supervisor Training Program
- Provide Security Support in case of Civil Disturbance
- Assist in Fire & Rescue
- Attend to emergency situations and be prepared to provide support as required
- Operate a vehicle in accordance with Department’s requirements
- Prevention, detection and elimination of illegal activities that could result in any form of loss, damage or misappropriation of Harmony Assets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum Grade 10 level education
- Basic Security Trainings/Courses
- Experienced working in a Security Industry for no more than 5 Years.
- Experience in Mine security Advantageous
- Have intermediate computer skills – MS Office Application
- Have knowledge of the laws of PNG and their application
- Able and read, write and speak well in English
- Possess PNG class 3 or 6 driver’s licence
- Able to work day & night shift
- Demonstrates a very strong self-discipline and must be of sober habit
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Wednesday, 05th April 2023