We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
PNG Air Engineering Division has immediate vacancy for the position of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME). This is a full-time position based in Port Moresby and is responsible to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor for certification of aircraft maintenance activities in accordance with the appropriate manuals, policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Perform all aircraft maintenance in a safe, proper working manner and on-time completion of all work assigned.
- Ensure all safety and environmental regulations are carried out and equipment properly maintained.
- Perform on the job technical training on aircraft maintenance practices, company policies, and safety.
- Procedures with new or inexperienced employees when required.
- Complete all company documentation on all work assigned.
- Work as part of the Engineering Maintenance Team.
- Other duties that are assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Must have Tertiary Certificate Qualified in Aviation Engineering from a CASAPNG recognized institution or Completed/Passed CASA PNG First 4 AMEL basic examination or;
- Must be Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer without Type (LWTR).
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ aviation experience with Schedule of Experience (SOE).
- Have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and pass on knowledge and skills to all maintenance employees within the Engineering Department
- Must have high level of computer literacy especially in MS Excel and Word would be beneficial.
- Must have hands on Aircraft Maintenance experience with similar organizations and IAS computer systems.
- Must be proactive and physically fit.
- Must have good customer service skills.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 5th May 2023
PNG Air Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Related Jobs (6)
Carpenters Motors – Automotive Technician (Labasa) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Carpenters Motors – Service Advisor (Labasa) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Junior Structural Engineer (Design) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Chief Engineer, Pacific Resort Aitutaki, Cook Islands on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Fleet Superintendent on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Trade Apprentice on May 30, 2023 Full Time