We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
PNG Air’s Maintenance Operations Organisation (MRO) Department is recruiting for an Aircraft Detailer responsible for aircraft detailing coverage for PNG Air fleet in accordance with the appropriate processes, procedures and standards in the maintenance organisation exposition (MOE).
Key responsibilities include the following:
- The role will be primarily responsible for;
Wet wash – Responsible for using the appropriate techniques to ensure that entire exterior of the aircraft is completely clean and free of debris. The aircraft is dry and spot free when complete.
- Complete Interior Detail – All of the carpeting and upholstery vacuumed and then dry cleaned or extracted depending on material. All surfaces are cleaned, sanitized and detailed. All wood and trim is polished. All leather seating and material is cleaned and conditioned. Galleys and Lavs are cleaned and sanitized. Cockpits are cleaned, sanitized and detailed.
- Ensure that all Aircraft detailing work is done within the timeframe given.
- Ensure that all paperwork and checklist is complete before and after clean of Aircraft.
- Assist in the marshalling and departure of aircraft ONLY when approved.
- Recognizing safety as a core value in all decision making in his area of responsibility.
- Fostering a positive safety culture.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
Our Ideal Candidate should have;
- Grade 12 graduate /Tertiary qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in the aviation industry will be an added advantage however not mandatory.
- Working knowledge of appropriate processes, procedures and standards in the MOE.
- Organization skills – able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of chemicals.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Relevant experience in detailing.
- Having PNG Drivers Licence will be an added advantage.
Interested, submit your CV and cover letter to; [email protected]
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: Thursday 7th, December 2023
“We are an equal opportunity employer”